I was thinking about fried ice cream when I saw Fried Ice Cream ice cream at the store. It was really good. But, I had to have the real thing. My boyfriend and I went to Chapala’s. It was sooo good! Yum! Here’s a great recipe of this delicious dessert. The original recipe can be found at Allrecipes. Enjoy!
Fried Ice Cream
Original recipe yield: 8 balls
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 2 Minutes
Ready in: 4 Hours
– 1 quart vanilla ice cream
– 3 cups crushed cornflakes cereal
– 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
– 3 egg whites
– 2 quarts oil for frying
1. Scoop ice cream into 8 – 1/2 cup sized balls. Place on baking sheet and freeze until firm, about 1 hour.
2. In a shallow dish, combine cornflakes and cinnamon. In another dish, beat egg whites until foamy. Roll ice cream balls in egg whites, then in cornflakes, covering ice cream completely. Repeat if necessary. Freeze again until firm, 3 hours.
3. In deep fryer or large, heavy saucepan, heat oil to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
4. Using a basket or slotted spoon, fry ice cream balls 1 or 2 at a time, for 10 to 15 seconds, until golden. Drain quickly on paper towels and serve immediately.